Monday, May 21, 2007

My funny Neighborhood

I often lamented that Mr. Mac and I were somewhat stranded in a Republican stronghold when we were living in Tampa. It was an area where the County Commissioner race often had no Dem candidate, because there just wasn't a shot at winning. I absolutely vowed that when I was able to move, I'd look into the political demographic of the area to which I was moving, and choose neighbors who are a little more like me.

This is an affluent neighborhood - most of the families are dual income homes or retirees or possibly students. But we're hippie liberals, too! In combining the two zip codes that Druid Hills crosses, our neighbors have given $53,400 to Democratic Presidential candidates compared to $2,950 for Republicans. These figures are according to the AJC's report on the level of donation by local zip codes, and they look at donations for Q1 2007.

I love my neighborhood. It makes me happy to be in a place where people think like I do, even in the midst of bright red Georgia. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rev Dr Mom said...

That's how I felt when I moved from Florida to Vermont!

10:36 AM, May 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home