Monday, April 09, 2007

Spring Break Redux

More bullets....

* Miss M to my Mom: "Gee Grandma-Dawg, DevilMacDawg must have had the most wonderful childhood. There's just so much to do here, every day! I bet she NEVER got bored!" Oh kiddo, if you only knew - growing up in the cun'ry with nothing but animals for friends was, well, maybe not quite so exciting as a day-in-day-out proposition. It was still nice, though. :)

* In other words, Miss M had a fabulous time at the Farm. Cows, pigs, other little girls, cutting flowers and decorating a cross at the little church where I grew up. Attention, love, and care. Yeah, she gets it. She has also moved from calling my parents "Mrs. A and Mr. B" to "Mama-Dawg and Papa-B" like Little Miss S and my niece call them. Heh.

* She also got several bags (large ones) of clothing for the summer. We shopped the sale, then had another coupon, and the store credit card discount, so we paid less than half price for everything we bought.

* She left last night. So sad. Her f**king b**ch of a mother didn't bother to call and let us know she'd gotten home, nor would the s**t answer her g****mn phone. We know the flight landed safely, and that's it.

(I don't curse ordinarily. I really don't.)

* Little Miss S had a glorious time as well. "Wan' go see cows now." Repeated at least 4 times a day. Of course, my dad obliged. We also saw chickens, pigs, horsies and tractors.

* We also saw a dog. A sweet, floppy big dog. The type that will lick you to death. Little Miss S is terrified of dogs. She was carrying a ball, and the dog walked by about 2 feet away from her, and she flipped out. "Mama - Doggy scary! SCARY! Doggie Hurt!" Then she held out her arm "Doggie bite arm!" Erm kid, the doggie didn't come near you, and as far as I know, you've never been near enough to a dog for it to smell you, let alone bite you. Amusing in some ways, disturbing in others.

* Little Miss S and I ventured back to the city from the farm together in the sexy minivan. A long nap was had, then a stop to meet up with my aunt traveling the opposite direction. Then the fun began.

* Little Miss S is hilarious. She recited all of Dora World Traveler (I was listening to NPR while the video played in silence). Then she took off her shoes and socks. Took the socks and put them on her hands. Then proceeded to give herself a puppet show. Traffic getting back into the city was, well, actually less than typical. I never actually came to a complete stop on the interstate, and spent most of the stretch that's particularly bad above 30 mph.

* Today, she and Mr. Mac went back to school. I have tons of job leads to follow up on as well. For a nasty, overcast, dreary winter day in the 40s - AFTER EASTER! - I'd say it's going pretty OK.

* I see the Doc today at 3. I'm nervous. What if something's wrong? Mr. Mac can't be there. I can't face something being wrong without him. *gulp*

3 Comments:

Blogger Rev Dr Mom said...

Prayers and good thougths coming your way for your dr. visit this afternoon.

12:49 PM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Susan Anne MacKenna said...

Prayers always help. Things are fine so far. :)

8:39 PM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Hooray for a good doctor's visit and a good visit to your parents' farm.

Suggestion for you re M's next return home: give her a phone card and ask her to call you.

And Little Miss S is adorable!

9:42 PM, April 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home