Monday, May 07, 2007

You want I should eat MORE?

At the doctor visit this morning, there was much tsk-ing and frowning over my weight loss. See, since my first prenatal visit, I have lost 14 lbs (18 since I got pregnant). I've not had significant nausea. They are concerned that I'm not eating enough.

Folks, I'm eating 2,000 calories per day, which is what's recommended for a pregnant lady. I'm eating good, healthy foods, and following a very generic diet.

I heard the heartbeat, and I told them about the feelings I had last week, which she said was very likely to be the baby's first kicks that I feel. And she said that everything looks very healthy with the baby.

Okay - off to get me some bacon!

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

As my Grandma Hilda use to say, "Eat! Eat! You want some chicken? You want some pot roast? What, you don't like my latkes?"

9:51 PM, May 07, 2007  
Blogger ccw said...

I have 16 extra pounds you can have.

9:38 AM, May 08, 2007  
Blogger Susan Anne MacKenna said...

CCW - that's the thing - I came into this pregnancy about 50 lbs over of my goal weight before I got pregnant... Therefore, I was heavy to begin with, and from my research on overweight (actually my BMI says I'm 'obese') women and pregnancy, I'm not SUPPOSED to have gained any weight, and loss is normal in the 1st trimester because you're likely to be eating a more healthy diet, etc. Also, I was in a big loss mode before I got pregnant, and I think it just continued.

I proceeded to make myself SICK last night after eating everything I did yesterday. Ugh!

9:51 AM, May 08, 2007  
Blogger ccw said...

Sorry you got sick.

I was counseled during my pregnancy with Kid L for not gaining enough weight but then when I gained 8 pounds in one month I was told that was too much.

In my un-MD-ed opinion, I would think that as long as the baby continues to develop and you feel good your weight should not be an issue.

11:24 AM, May 09, 2007  
Blogger Jenevieve said...

I'm with ccw on this one- they told me I wasn't gaining enough (at 17 weeks, I was about 8 lbs down from my prepregnancy weight), but I had been so sick between morning sickness and catching a parasite that I couldn't eat. Now that I'm feeling well, I am eating a bunch and gaining weight. I think that, more or less, Junior Buckshot will tell you when you're hungry.

11:48 AM, May 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home