Friday, April 27, 2007

5 years

Five years ago today, I'd not slept well - too much excitement. Five years ago today, I was pampered and preened like never before (or again). I actually allowed someone to do my hair and makeup. I was mad because you were "late" (but not really - you just weren't early). Five years ago today, I was nearly blinded by the constant flash of the photographer's bulb and annoyed by having to hold awkward pose after awkward pose. Five years ago, I was peeved by having to stay in the back room with the kids while they watched Powderpuff Girls. I snuck out of the back room and sat on the back porch with you, our two dads, and my brother in law. We watched people arrive behind a screen of greenery.

Five years ago today, we were married, my dear. And I can't believe it's really been that long, or for that matter, that soon ago. I don't remember life without you, and I can't bear to think of what that would be like.

Thank you my sweetie for a wonderful five years. I love you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yankee T said...

Lovely tribute. Happy Anniversary!

10:19 AM, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

I'm snuffling. So beautiful. Happy Anniversary!

2:52 PM, April 28, 2007  
Blogger ccw said...

Happy Anniversary!!

9:03 AM, April 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home