Saturday, September 16, 2006

Miss Baby Learns the Telephone

I've posted recently about my own trials and travails, and not nearly enough about my kids. So, in order to rememdy that, without further ado, I present Miss Baby and the Telephone.

Miss Baby has an assortment of telephones ranging from an old one of mine that gave up the ghost long ago, to several plastic 'toy' phones or phone-shaped objects, to one on wheels with pictures and songs. She loves playing with these phones, picking them up and having LOOONG conversations with some invisible someone at the other end of the line.

A few weeks ago, we noticed that she was saying her cousin's name whenever she started with the phone. "Hiiiii! M&M! Hi dehr!" Then she'll look at Mr. Mac and me and say "Shhh! Da-s M&M!"

This morning, I went over to my sister's to help her pack/unpack in the home of perpetual improvement. And I took Miss Baby to see her cousin. So they played with the blocks. Then the animals.

Then they got the phones out. M&M, it seems, also has a vast collection of telephones. Miss Baby grabbed her phone, and ran around the corner into the living room. M&M stayed put in the kitchen.

Miss Baby: "WING-WING! WING-WING!"
M&M: "Hallo! Miss Baby! Halloo dehr! Watchadoin?"
Miss Baby: "M&M! I pwaaay!"
M&M: "Miss Baby! Come SEEEEE M&M!"
Miss Baby: "Ohhh Kaaay! I come seeeee M&M"
M&M: "Bye bye now"
Miss Baby: "Bye bye now."

Much noise as these phones are hung up. Then pitter patter as they ran toward one another and hugged a big hug in the hall.

So cute. See why I made this crazy move?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! I love the "long conversations with some invisible someone", and I can just see Miss Baby with the telephone, right now.

I'm glad that she and her cousin are having a good time. It's good that Miss baby is having fun spending time with her. That makes up for a lot of the other not-so-great crap, doesn't it?

5:11 PM, September 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm DYING from the cuteness.

11:52 PM, September 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home