Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ode to Comcast

I'm not a poet, nor a particularly good writer. I have very poor taste when it comes to music, I'm sure. However, I do know crap when I see it, and Comcast, you're it.

You see, it wasn't enough that it took you three weeks to get our internet service up and running to begin with. That, in and of itself, was enough to memorialize you in the craptastic hall of fame.

No. You had to bring more. Yes more.

The internets kept going wonky, and I kept calling bull-honkey.
Day and night, I knew I was right.
You're just full of malarky.

See, when the internets went out AGAIN, we couldn't figure out what was wrong, and so we had your wonderful technician come visit. Seems our modem was 'fried' - likely by lightening. And so your wonderful technician replaced our fried modem.

With another one.

Fried that is.

It worked for approximately 4 hours, and went on the fritz again.

I called for an appointment, which finally you gave to me. After I cried.

But you didn't show. You cancelled it, because you didn't have time for me.

I cancelled my service.

Now the internets work, but we generally have to use dial-upBut occasionally, we do get broadband coverage. Despite the fact that I cancelled our service.

So, Bellsouth, it is. DSL is our friend.

I'm sorry for this ramble and for being out of touch, but my wonky internets won't allow me online so much.

Sigh.

8 Comments:

Blogger KLee said...

My father in law had comcast, and all of his problems that He had convinced me that comcast was not the way to go when we switched from dial-up. We have Bell South,now, too. We had one very slight problem with our computer not wanting to recognize the newly-installed modem, but since that initial burst of wonkitude, we haven't had a problem since.

You can't say that with comcast. I hope you like Bell South.

4:38 PM, August 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not much betta up in Alpharetta. Sorry, my poor attempt at keeping with the poetic theme. I ended up creating a blog to detail how crappy my service has been with Comcast. (JustSayNoToComcast.com)

10:26 PM, August 13, 2006  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

A friend of mine calls them Comcrap.

10:36 AM, August 14, 2006  
Blogger ccw said...

Oh, the woes of losing the internets and dealing with customer service.

We are on our 7th cable modem and every problem takes days and days to resolve. How I loathe Time Warner.

12:24 PM, August 14, 2006  
Blogger Courtney said...

Urgh! Hope this isn't a national thing, since we just switched over to Comcast when we moved to the Left Coast. Either way, I know how frustrating blinky service can be.

Here's to no more wonks.

2:21 PM, August 14, 2006  
Blogger Courtney said...

Urgh! Hope this isn't a national thing, since we just switched over to Comcast when we moved to the Left Coast. Either way, I know how frustrating blinky service can be.

Here's to no more wonks.

2:21 PM, August 14, 2006  
Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

Very funny! And yet somehow, sad.

2:17 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger Susan Anne MacKenna said...

Comcast is notoriously awful, Quin, and nationwide. I hate to say it. I was dealing with CSR's in Wisconsin.

9:18 PM, August 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home