Saturday, August 19, 2006

We give good party

There's nothing more nerve-wracking than trying to throw your first party as a newcomer into a community. Even worse - when the party is the birthday party of your 9 year old, who is just trying desparately to fit in and have friends. Even worse - when the party is being attended by your mother-in-law, and both siblings-in-law. It's as if you must put forth the command performance on several levels.

But, there again, I'm pretty darnded skilled at this thing. So it went well, I think. I hope - it seemed like everyone had a good time.

Most importantly, however, was when Miss M came back to the bedroom with me for a little while, and she just gave me a random hug. I asked what that was for - she responded "Oh, I just really wanted to say thank you for my wonderful Birthday Fiesta. I really had fun."

Ah, yeah. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger ccw said...

That makes it all worth while!

8:16 AM, August 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home