Friday, June 09, 2006

Reason I love Mr. Mac #5,126,794,830

Yeah, that's over 5 and a quarter billion. Take THAT, McDonald's.

Today, I roused myself from bed. I made my coffee, and I debated my breakfast options in my head. I could stop at my local bagel joint and get a bagel and a schmear on the way, I could wait until I got here and get eggy-cheezy-bacony goodness on cuban toast. Then I remembered that I have a vendor coming in today, and that he usually takes me to the Palm to eat, so I should just have a cheese toast when I get to the office.

Then I went about having a cup of coffee, washing a cup for Miss Baby's morning breakfast, etc., and thinking about how happy I was to have my vendor friend coming in today, because he's a cool guy and I do like him.

And I proceeded to think about what to wear today. I donned some jeans and a top, with a pair of strappy espadrilles.

Uhhh.... And I have this lunch thing. At a decent restaurant, not McDonald's.

And I'm in jeans and a sleeveless shirt (from TARGET!). And sandals.

I mean, it *is* Florida, after all, but at the same time, there ARE limits.

So I frantically call Mr. Mac and say "Okay, I need a pair of black pants - grab the pair from Talbot's".

Mr. Mac: "The pair? Honey, you have, like, 20 pair of black pants from Talbot's! How do I know which ones you want."

I think about this strategerically, and say "Okay, I want the coarse black linen pair with the yoke top - they have a double set of fasteners and a cuff at the bottom. Oh, and the HOT pink scoop-neck blouse, from Talbot's."

Aside: Yes, there is a theme to my clothing - I patronize the 2 T's - Talbot's and Target.

Now... You'd think a man, a computer programmer engineer man, would very likely rather explode than have to figure out what I just said. But not my man! He figured it out, didn't explode, and managed to get everything together to bring to me. The day is saved! DevilMacDawg can go much yummy steaky salad with her vendorfriend in style and peace.

I have The. Best. Husband. EVER! I heart him so! :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Great story. And while I believe I have the greatest husband ever, I have to admit he blanched when I asked him to pick me up some mascara at the store ("what's mascara?" "the eyelash stuff" "and what kind do you want?" "Black. Cheap. Probably covergirl.") He did come home with the right one, but he struggled.

1:00 PM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Susan Anne MacKenna said...

I have to laugh Quinn - it's amusing to me to think that my husband is more at a loss when it comes to grabbing me a pair of pants than having to make the dreaded 'tampon run' to the store. That doesn't phase him.

I love it that they try though. Those boys! ;-)

2:46 PM, June 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home