Friday, June 02, 2006

My Life, the Disney Ride

With boats and children from around the world singing "It's a Small World After All", over and over and over and... ad nauseum (admittedly, I have some perverse LOVE of this ride).

Today, again, proof that I am basically 2 or 3 degrees separated from pretty much every one else south of or with connections south of the Mason Dixon line. Two bloggers I now regularly read are connected to me in the most bizarre of ways - one is a high school classmate of my husband's, and another is married to a friend of mine from college. I've found these things out very randomly in one case (not from anything on her blog), but the other was rather obvious. I'm sure if I started picking the brain of other bloggers out there, I'd run across more connections.

This whole bizarre connection thing has gone on my whole life. Generally, I've tossed it off as being from the South where, well, everyone is everyone else's 'cousin' of some sort (whether by blood, marriage or sharing of common boundary). When Mr. Mac and I were sending out wedding invitations, we got one response from a woman who'd been a good friend of HIS - she was flipping out over WHERE the wedding was located. Turns out, her entire family was from MY home town, and she'd spent a lot of time there. A few years later, we had new neigbors move in next door. The wife's family, turns out, was ALSO from my home town, and she was VERY familiar with the county. There are many, many others.

So on to today. A few weeks ago, I interviewed for a job. It's a decent job that is in a really cool department, and it has awesome perks. I'm plenty excited about this job, and I'd really like to be made an offer. Things were looking good all on their own, but then I got a call from a buddy of mine who works for the same company about something unrelated. Turns out, the person hiring for this position for which I interviewed used to work with my buddy. And also one of the VP's in the group is the wife of another buddy up there.

I swear, I don't want to jinx anything. But this does make me feel (even) better.

Well, these little connections, and also the fact that they've called me back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love those connections. My old high school friend found my blog. And I'm from the South, too, and find those connections quite frequently. There are a few of us Southerners up here in the Northeast. I'm amazed that there's one guy who works at the same tiny college as me and we grew up one town over from each other. Wacky.

Good luck with the job.

7:51 PM, June 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home