Friday, February 03, 2006

Rainy Days

First, I love rainy days. Just not too many in a row. And not when I need to be productive.

One of the, er, "perks" of my title is that I get a window. Yay me. I always can look and see what the weather's like. In the summer, it's kinda cool, because I can watch storms coming in off the gulf and across the bay.

We've had illnesses infecting the masses around here lately, as well. Today, there are five people in my work group of 15 our. I am down two staff out of my crew of 6. My boss is also out.

Today, it's raining that wintry cats-and-dogs rain.

So, who's to stop me from leaving this place, hopping into the sexy minivan, and going home. To my couch. With a blanket. And a book. With the child at daycare. All by myself.

A rainy afternoon to myself with a good book and a blanket sounds like something higher than heaven right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home