Friday, January 27, 2006

Hoops - GO DUKE!

Deron Washington=Punk Thug

Dude - why you gotta be kicking Lee Mechionni in the face? Why? He's a *walk-on* who earned the scholarship. He's not a big superstar. He's a tall, slow guy who can hit an outside shot. And you decide the best thing to do to such a kid is to kick him in the face after he falls out of bounds going for your loose ball? After the game is decided.

Why?

You gave cute boy Lee a bloody nose, even!

I hope the ACC censures D. Washington. The kid should be suspended. Even the NBA stands up against hootie like that.

Why did we expand this conference again? So we could let in the likes of Deron Washington and whiney Seth Greenberg. And let's not even get started with the increase in the level of competition brought in by BC. Sigh.

Wasn't it enough that we had Ga. Tech and F$U? Doesn't Skip Prosser field enough thugs to get us through the season (yes, even though Chris "Crotch Punch" Paul is gone)?

How many more times must I listen to Beaker? And Dan Patrick, the Lizard? Does ESPN realize this makes us TiVo the games and FFW through the talking? And mute the rest?

Ah well, at least Duke is good. Yay!

5 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

I'm such a fan of the Lee Melchionni. I even named my ESPN tournament challenge entry after him last year (Melchionni and Cheese, in case you were curious, which you weren't.) I thought the come-uppance, though, was when they brought in Bench Boy to shoot the free throws, and he missed both. Badly.

9:53 AM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger Susan Anne MacKenna said...

I know - I laughed too. I'm such a sad little puppy. Schadenfreude is my friend!

I ADORE the team name. I was curious! No, REALLY!

I adore Lee - he's one of my all-time faves. Though, I must admit my favorite on this year's team is Sean Dockery. That kid LOVES to play ball. He's a gem.

11:24 AM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger Courtney said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:58 PM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger Courtney said...

so who are your all-time faves?

I'd lead my list with Grant (duh) and Wojo. To quote my UWC professor after Wojo's first game, "That Wojo is a busy little M-F, isn't he?" Ah, intellectual pursuits at its finest. The man was a wordsmith.

8:59 PM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger Susan Anne MacKenna said...

My favorite Duke player of all time remains Bobby Hurley. He was a contemporary, and he was so good. Fun to watch. He is *very* closely followed by Thomas Hill. So I'm a class-ist! Heh.
As for the players who graduated in years other than 1993 - Nate James and Chris Carrawell are way up there as well. I always liked Wojo.

Of course, no list is complete without Johnny Dawkins - I never saw him play, but I've seen what he's given back to the program since he graduated. Truly an amazing human being.

11:26 AM, January 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home