Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Bay-Bean Soups

No, it's not some sort of hearty, stick-to-your ribs meal. It's what Little Miss S wants to wear, every day, all day. Because when we put on our bay-bean soups, we go to da beach, and we make san' cas-T-les. And 'swim' (better known as sitting in the water).

The cutest thing about this past weekend at the beach was that Little Miss S has her own definite idea as to what constitutes a 'beach', and honestly, it corresponds more closely to the actual geological-type definition. You and I, we hear beach, we think waves, sand, sea, etc. She thinks "water meets land". To LMS, beaches are everywhere, including on our back patio, where the sprinkler water has pooled after they ran overnight.

Over the weekend, when we went to the actual beach, we went to a section where the beach is very wide, so much so that a series of three tidal pools now form. The surf line became the 'big beach', and the wading pools were each a separate beach. The farthest back, which was shallowest and had been in the sun a while was the "hot beach". Then there was the "baby beach", and lastly, the cold beach. I put my chair pretty much between the reed line and the surf line, between the middle two beaches, and watched her run back and forth. She tired of "cold beach" and went to "baby beach." Then when she wanted to go to "big beach", she had to hold my hand.

She thoroughly enjoyed having my parents all to herself, and not having to share them one whit with Miss M, or my cousins. And I think my parents enjoyed that some, too.

I love summer, the beach, and bay-bean soups. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger ccw said...

This is such a cute story. I love how she makes so many beaches. I'd definitely be more relaxed if I started using her definition since I could go the beach almost any time.

8:16 AM, May 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home