Saturday, January 07, 2006

One year ago today

A year ago today, I had my last rounds of doctor's appointments before I was scheduled to be induced on Jan. 11. When I got to the doctor's, they sent me to the hospital for a more in-depth ultrasound. Seems that the amniotic fluid was measuring "a little low", which is fairly normal when the bun's been in the oven almost 42 weeks.

Upon review at the hospital, Dr. M (love him!!) recommended that we go ahead and induce. I could have kissed him square on the mouth at that point.

After 12 hours of labor, and anti-dilation (I went from 2 cm when I was in the doctor's at 11 to 4-5 cm at 10, back to 1-2 cm at 11:30 pm), a c-section was ordered.

At 2:45 am on the 8th, my Miss Baby was here. Screaming before her body was pulled from mine. And life has been forever different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home