Wednesday, January 04, 2006

On Wednesdays, we whine

At least over at Phantom's, she lets me. So here's my one for today...

Whine: My mother in law has been in my house for two weeks. She's depressed (my FIL died in July). She accompanied us from here to The Farm and The Beach for Christmas and New Years, and proceeded to sleep until noon, and spend hours napping in the afternoon, only to go to bed between 9 and 10. I'm worried about her.

Antiwhine: She leaves today. She's being gathered from the airport by a close friend, and she has promised to go get some help with her depression, which she now acknowledges.

Whine: Mr. Mac still hasn't heard from freaking UGA Law School. Come ON already! Antiwhine: I may be able to pursue my Ph.D. there while he's in school. Or get a cool job at a different division in Atlanta. Smiles all around!

Whine: I have to take a da*n calculus class. Antiwhine: Mr. Mac, the enginerd, can help me pass it this go-around. Maybe.

Antiwhine to top them all: We had a mostly peaceful and safe travel from here to yon, yonder, and thar, and back over the Holiday Break. Miss M and Miss Baby are still on the farm relishing spoiling galore. Miss Baby is walking, and this AM she "talked" to me on the phone. "O! O! Mamamamama.... Tah-dahhhhnnnn" (Hello! Hello! Mama - Touchdown!!!). Happy kids = happy mommy and daddy. I hope this is a sign of things to come this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home