Friday, January 06, 2006

Baby come back!

Miss Baby comes back today. Along with Miss M. They have spent the last week at the Farm. Next week, it's back to school and all of that for both of them, and I know that Miss M is very sad about it, to say the least.

Actually, she's sad about the whole idea of leaving the farm and her BFF - GH. Miss M and GH have spent almost every day together since we arrived back on Christmas Day, and they are apparently both crying as I type over being separated by 6 hours again. I've explained to Miss M that she has to go back to HER school, but she'd rather stay at the Farm and go to school up there, with GH. When we explain that GH is in Kindergarten while Miss M is in third grade.... well, Miss M isn't really too concerned about that right now either. She just wants to stay.

She tells me that Curtis will miss her when she doesn't come to the store every day (I'm sure he will!). She tells me that she won't be able to check on her calves. Or go read in her cotton-seed pile. Or any of the things she's been doing for two weeks now.

Poor girl.

Miss Baby will certainly miss her days there as well. I'm certain it's been really nice to wake at 6 or so in the morning, and be rescued from the crib and rocked in my dad's warm lap. I know she appreciates it that my parents still feed her baby food. And warm her bottles. And all that. When she returns to the Baby School, she will be in a new room - with the 1 year olds. She's no longer the biggest and strongest; but rather, the smallest.

But it's time. I miss my girls horribly. Mr. Mac and I had a nasty squabble about nothing last night, and I think it's mostly because we both miss the girls so much. I love that they are able to go spend time with my folks, but I do hate having them gone for so long!

So tonight, at 6:30, at the seafood place just about half-way from here to there, I get them back. And I just can't wait!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home