Monday, December 05, 2005

Whoa Atlanta!

So it comes as no secret that the Mac Family went to Atlanta this past weekend. It's a LOOONG ole way up I-75 from Tampa to Atlanta. There are over 1,000 additional miles on my car as a result of the 20+ hours we spent in it from Thursday at 5 until Sunday at 5.

We went to see The REAL Santa Claus at Phipps Plaza. What a wonderful thing that was, to boot! He was fabulous. Spent a good 5 minutes with Miss M and Miss Baby talking about Christmas Joy and whatnot. Miss Baby wasn't so sure of him, but she did stay still long enough for us to get a picture, which I should have in another week or two. Heh. Miss M, however, was rapt. She hung on every word. It was worth the hassle. Funniest of all - we had my dad along with us, and of course, he got the videotape as well! :-)

After this, we went to my sister's house in Buckhead. Traffic in Atlanta is horrific, at best. On Friday afternoon during Christmas Shopping Season....

I got to see my neice, M&M. She's walking now. More accurately, let's say running. She's like Forrest Gump - whenever she is going somewhere, she is running. She can also say "Ball" and "uh-oh spaghetti-oh!". She thinks that "uh-oh-satti-oh" means, "Please get me that thing I threw across the room now." Susanna was rapt. She took notes. I tried to cover her eyes, but I'm afraid she's been corrupted by her cousin. Again!

That evening, we left the babies with my sister's nanny and took Miss M to see the Rockettes at the Fox Theater. WOW! It has STARS on the ceiling and EVERYTHING. This place is MAGIC - It's like HOGWARTS!!!! I died laughing.

She sat, leaned all the way forward, breathing down the neck of the poor gentleman in front of her. I would have felt sorry for him, but he had a little girl next to him, who was leaning as far as she could, breathing down the neck of the person in front of her. I think he understood, just like many of the granddads in that building that evening. Miss M was able to finagle a Rockette Barbie from my dad, and she had an overall great time.

Saturday was a whirl - we did portraits in the morning, and went back to my sister's so that all little and big girls could take naps. Miss M took the longest of the three. Then, mom, my sis and I all went out to Lenox Mall. On a Saturday. During Christmas AND while the SEC Championship Game is in town. Fun, I tell ya. I've never seen so many people in one place in my life. I'm just glad we didn't try to take Miss M to go ride the Pink Pig again this year. I think that will be a strictly early-November activity from now on, given the state of Lenox and Buckhead!

In all, at the end of the day, Mr. Mac had a WONDERFUL visit with the Dean of Admissions at UGA Law. He feels much better than he did before, but we still just want to have the acceptance in-hand. So hopefully that will work out for us all.

And maybe I can find the job that's right for me. And go home. Finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home