Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hello Internets....

Remember me? Yeah, I'm still around. Unfortunately, between the new job, Mr. Mac's school year starting back, Little Miss S and her two and a half-ness, and my overall exhaustion, I haven't had time to write.

Yeah, I know.... Excuses.

It's been an incredible 4 weeks. I can't believe that it's been that long since I started my new job, but it has. The thing is, this job scared the crap out of me when I started. It is a HUGE job - there are many facets to it, and I can see so many places where I can just fall flat on my face. And I have done so already, and it's all good really. At the end of it all, the staff are supportive and encouraging, and they allow for honest mistakes to be made. Learning from a mistake is what everyone expects, and that is VERY good for me, after five years of having my confidence torn to shreds by the boss from hell in the job from hell. I can't explain the feeling of utter joy that I feel every morning when I walk in. Of course, this will fluctuate, as things do, and I know my job isn't perfect. But for me, right now, it's ideal.

Little Miss S has changed schools to the one on campus. She is absolutely THRIVING. Her class is 6 international kids (at least two of whom speak VERY little English) and 6 American. It's GREAT. Her best friend is a little German boy, so I'm helping her learn a little German on the side. Tonight, she said she wanted to 'spiel blocks'. I'm so proud! What's even better is that she really loves going, every day. She insists on wearing a dress. And a hairbow. She just loves the place, so that makes me happy.

Today, we learned that the Littlest Mac, Baby MC I think I'll call her, will be here on October 26. Hard to believe, but I've scheduled out the rest of my doctor's visits, and my delivery date. Wow. Now, I'm sure that this whole thing won't begin to go according to plan, but I can dream, can't I?

Mr. Mac, well he's busy. Very busy, but happy about it. I miss him on nights like this when he's out late with a class. But I'm glad to see him enjoying himself.

So there ya go internets. We're all here and happy and whole. We all miss Miss M like mad, and we love when she comes to see us (she left again yesterday). I'm sorry for the self-indulgent list of how we are. But we're happy, and I've bitched so much in this space. It's nice to be able to crow.

2 Comments:

Blogger ccw said...

Don't apologize for how happy things are going in your life. It's special when every aspect of your life is leaving you happy.

I'm thrilled that you love your job. Going to a job you hate is easily on of the worst things in the world.

Little Miss S is absolutely adorable. She would get along very well with NSBH; they could compare hair bows.

October 26! I can't believe you have a delivery date. It seems like yesterday you were making the announcement.

11:09 AM, September 05, 2007  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

YAY!!!

1:59 AM, September 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home