Sunday, March 18, 2007

Shoe Shoppin'

Oh the joys of shopping for shoes with a tired toddler. We went out to the Evil Perimeter Mall yesterday. My mom needed to pop into Nordies (they've discontinued their night shirts! Evil bitches!). And I noted that the Stride-Rite store was having a buy one, get one 50% off sale. So, despite the noon hour, I dragged Little Miss S into the store, into the throng of mommies trying to buy for their babies, to get her some new shoes.

Oh, the joy and fun of it. First. LMS is afraid of crowds. Also, she doesn't like loud noises. And all of her issues are exacerbated by her being hungry AND tired. So basically, I took her into a crowded store, with TWO sets of crying (screaming!) twins, at lunch time, and after a BIG morning of running around the Home Expo store among other places. Yeah, this was fun.

At least she generally sat quietly in her stroller. She tried on her shoes fairly well (she had grown a size and a half since last fall). And now, she is the proud owner of these cute green tennis shoes . And the summer's ubiquitous white stride-rite sandals. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

Do they come in a woman's size 7 and 1/2?

9:59 PM, March 18, 2007  
Blogger ccw said...

We did the Stride Rite shoe thing this weekend, too. It was hell but we were able to get brown sandals for Nonami, the pink with green star Keds for NSBH, white Born sandals for me, and for the first time the white sandals were replaced by the candyland looking ones.

10:09 AM, March 19, 2007  
Blogger Susan Anne MacKenna said...

I adore those brown sandals, CCW. I used to buy them every year for Miss M, until she figured out they were 'boy shoes' and refused to wear them. Now, we make do with Crocs, but they're nowhere as sturdy as the brown SR sandals. I used to buy her the brown pair, and then the white pair for bigger kids (the ones that buckle across the ball of the foot and around the ankle). Bah. I hate when they grow up!

12:07 PM, March 19, 2007  
Blogger Rev Dr Mom said...

They are really cute.

I sorta miss the days when my kids wore Stride Ritesqmt

2:59 PM, March 19, 2007  
Blogger ccw said...

I understand. I was sad when Kid L quit wearing the white sandals.

Now, I spend my time telling her that just because her foot is bigger than mine does not mean she can stumble off to middle school in women's shoes.

8:35 AM, March 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home