Monday, December 04, 2006

Santa Tree

It just occurred to me that my blog posts are really about myself, my issues, and everything DMD. I have not been the dutiful mommy-blogger, talking about my kids. And for that, my friends, I am very sorry. 'Cuz, you see, I have a fabulously wonderful Miss Baby, who is just freaking hilarious and cute and wonderful. And fun. All those things. She's a horrific eater, preferring 'fish' and 'cracka' (Goldfish and PB/Cheese crackers) to pretty much anything remotely healthful. She eschews all meats except fish sticks. She will eat 'Chix Nuggets' from Whole Foods.

So, without further ado, I tell you of the Santa Tree.

As is my habit, I put up this year's Christmas Tree before Thanksgiving. Not so much to prolong Christmas, but to have it ready for ornamenting when Miss M visited for that long weekend. One day, I went up and got it down, and put on the lights and the 'filler ornaments' (those that I stuff back in the back to give it some 'depth' - mom tells me that's important). And then, mission accomplished, I went and got Miss Baby from the school.

"OH WOW - Momeeeee! A TWEEE! SANTA TWEEE!"

"Das Pret-ty"

Over Thanksgiving, Miss M worked with Miss Baby to put all the 'special' ornaments on the tree. She carefully lined up the '12 Balls of Christmas' and even allowed Miss Baby to place the Lords a-Leaping on the tree near the bottom. We pulled out the Pink Pig ornaments, all the dolls that go on there. Pretty much everything Miss M decrees 'pretty special'. The most special ornaments are for 'her' tree, which is a little 3-foot thing we're now keeping on the kitchen counter.

So now, Miss Baby has dragged her little rocking chair into the living room. Every evening, before I go get her from her school, I 'turn on' the tree (the lights are plugged into an outlet hooked into a light switch). When we get home, she goes to her little rocker with Monkey and looks at the tree.

"Oh wow. Das pret-ty. Santa Twee."

4 Comments:

Blogger ccw said...

So sweet!

NSBH has her rocking chair next to the playroom tree so that her babies can see the lights.

11:00 AM, December 05, 2006  
Blogger Liz Miller said...

Okay, I have just melted into a big puddle of goo.

4:55 PM, December 05, 2006  
Blogger Courtney said...

Aw! We have sort of a similar cuteness occuring over here. The last three mornings (since the tree went up), the Wild Boy has come down the stairs and said with utter astonishment, "Christmas Tree!" Like he forgot about it overnight and it's all new to him.

11:53 AM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger Susan Anne MacKenna said...

LOL Quin. CCW - it's amazing how they all just pull these odd things into their little lives. I still am amazed that Monkey is a real person to Miss Baby.

Liz - teh cuteness emanating from your page is just too much. Muffin Man is just a heart-breaker in training. :)

1:09 PM, December 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home