Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving

I had hoped to post something more enlightening or, at least, entertaining. But alas and alack. Let's just say, I've spent the last 12 days blowing leaves into piles, and then putting the leaves into bags; cleaning and laundering; and dealing with a toddler who has just become a, well, a toddler. She sits right now, stoned out on paci and watching Elmo. Tonight's battle was over the spoon she wanted. I never figured it out, but she didn't figure out she wanted a different one until after she'd eaten a fair portion of the meal. But there are few things more frustrating than a total meltdown over "Sa-POOON" (sob sob sob).

The job stuff is being annoyingly slow. Still feeling good. But it's slow.

Tomorrow, we're off to the farm for a few days of down-home fun. Then we're back to the city for the mad dash. I think it's a good thing that my family has decided we won't exchange gifts. Something for the kiddies, of course, but the grown-ups don't need a thing. We don't have time, or money, or energy for all that.

So Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for so many things - Miss Baby, Mr. Mac, Miss M, my folks and my sister and brother-in-law, M&M and baby J. Of course, Grandma (Mr. Mac's mom). I love this house, this neighborhood, this town. I thankful Mr. Mac seems to have found himself. I'm thankful for Bo the whiny cat and for the porch where he dwells.

Mostly, I'm thankful to be living in this time and place with these people. And even more, I'm thankful that we can all make it better.

Peace y'all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean Carter said...

Thanksgiving is here and time for us all to forget about our daily lives and have some fun....and this is such a welcome break for us all....i just love all the family fun and gathering...and hey also drop by my Thanksgiving Blog sometime and share some of the Thanksgiving fun and joy...have a great Thanksgiving!!!

4:13 AM, November 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home