Monday, June 18, 2007

Arts and Crafts at Vacation Bible School

So I'm having loads of fun this week being a group leader for Miss M's Vacation Bible School group at our church. Loads. It's in the 90s right now, and I've been following around somewhere between 14 and 18 3-5 graders (yes, it fluctuated throughout the morning) in the Sunday School Building, which isn't so well air conditioned, and on the playground which has a few shade trees....

And they had a lovely activity in the Arts and Crafts room - making fish prints! Never done it? Well let me tell you - you take a whole dead fish, cover it in paint, and press a piece of paper over the fish to make a print.

Did I forget to mention I'm like 21 1/2 weeks pregnant? Yeah, I thought so. Oh Lordy, and it was HOT in that room. And smelly. And I did my best to stay un-green.

I have been promised no more dead fish after today. So yay.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

Yeuuuchhhh.

5:42 PM, June 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are few things worse than being pregnant in heat.

Except the smell of dead fish while pregnant.

Hope you make it through VBS without vomiting on some poor kid... :)

8:01 AM, June 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home