Saturday, March 03, 2007

Back to School

Unfortunately, not of the "Rodney Dangerfield" kind. Ahhh, love that movie. Ever so quotable.

Today started my long trudge up the hill known as "Bar Review". I went back to school, sat in uncomfortable chairs, and listened to the folks around me talk about what they were gonna do tonight. (Midtown? Buckhead? I dunno - if we Midtown, then we can preparty at Cassie's place, and then we can just walk, 'cuz you know about her preparties!). Ahhh the memories.

Okay, so back at it, right? Nose to the stone. Etc. In my first session, I was floored at how fast this class moved. It was the MPRE review course, and it's over a very easy portion of the whole bar exam process, but it flew to me. Uh oh... what have I signed up for?

Turns out, everyone else in the room thought the class was flying way too fast. Whew.

In all, while I don't have a swank suite for myself, and I don't know how to do a Triple Lindy, I do feel a little like ole Thornton Mellon. First, I've got a family member in the school where I'm now interloping. Second, I'm ages older than a lot of the folks there.

At the same time, the material covered today was stuff that I largely 'got' (well, except they changed all the ethics rules in 2003, and I last studied for, took, and passed this stupid test in 1998 - I get confused easily!). It still makes sense. Law is easy, just very significantly voluminous, and that's what kills me.

Okay, so I'm going back to school. I have a headache, and I'm tired. Maybe they give nap time?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

Good for you! You're gonna knock 'em dead!

11:57 PM, March 03, 2007  
Blogger Courtney said...

Call me when you have no class.

8:46 PM, March 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home