Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Mysterious....

Today, I received a call from the Baby School. They said that Miss Baby was having bad diarrhea and we needed to come pick her up.

Sigh. AGAIN!

We just had a bout of diarrhea last week, and it was remedied by Sunday. She was even drinking a little milk. She'd been to see Dr. Y yesterday, and he proclaimed her healthy and hale. Skinny (18 lbs 12 oz for her 1st birthday - 29 1/2 inches). But doing "GREAT!"

I mentioned the diarrhea to him, and he said that it was very likely a bug, since it cleared up on its own. He felt it was okay to go ahead with her shots. So good. I guess that's fine.

Now this.

I picked her up from the school, and she was VERY happily munching crackers in a high chair. She was THRILLED Mommy had come to play with her. She grabbed my hand and LED me over to the toys, only to be picked up and carried out of the room. We got home, and I settled her down with her toys at home in our office. I worked and took a conference call, and she played**.

After a while, I thought I'd check her diaper. Nope. No poopies. Just a little damp.

A little while later, the smell hit me, and we had poopage. But it was lossish poop - you know, a little green/brown loose poo in there. But NOT diarrhea, the horrific green/yellow/white bits that look like curdled milk.

I thought back to picking her up at the Baby School. There are 18 kids in her class. The state mandates 1 adult per every 6 kids in a 1-year-old class. I only saw two adults in there today, and it was teeming with kids.

I don't want to say it, but I am beginning to think that the school has pegged me as a candidate to call when they're running low on staff and need to get some kids out of the school. And I think yesterday may well have been one of those days. And it ticks me off so badly.

All's well - NewBoss (who is much nicer than and verymuch NOT the same as the OldBoss) said there was no need to count the time out as "sick" - "You know, this groups obsession with time out of the office is kinda scary, DevilMacDawg. I don't get it." So that's cool. And I had fun time with my little girl.

** On the "play" - I was on my conference call. I took it on my cell. Miss Baby has my old cellphone, which she plays with. So, while I was on the call, she had her cellphone up to her ear, just jabbering away. And she had a piece of paper in front of her which she constantly flipped over. See, I was on this call, flipping through a presentation. HILARIOUS! I **love** her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home