Thursday, October 20, 2005

Life goes on

It's amazing to me how fast time flies by, but at the same how slowly the clock ticks seconds off. In general, I feel like my days at work are interminable, but I sit down on Moday, I blink, and whoo - it's Thursday all over again. Time flies, and life goes on.

After last week's excitment, it's been nice to have a week without any trauma or drama, at least not the kind that someone doesn't create for you. My boss, ever the thoughtful one, keeps me on my toes with regard to this matter, driving chaos into an otherwise orderly existence. Of course, she sees herself as driving order into an otherwise chaotic existence, so there's the rub.

This week is a blur, in some ways, just because I've been swamped at work. I'm also preoccupied with Wilma. I'm always preoccupied with storms. I'm also preoccupied by checking the LSAC website every 10 minutes to see if Mr. Mac's LSAT score has arrived yet. Bastards - they may will wait until their stated date to publish these things! Sigh.

It amazes me, though, how I can spend a whole lot of time and energy accomplishing absolutely nothing. My job isn't one where projects frequently have what we'd call "closure". Many things are on-going processes that have to occur. When I come to work in the morning, I pick up where i left off, and sometimes I wonder what it all leads to. Maybe it's a sign of why my life feels constantly at odds and why I always feel like I have something left to do. How everything feels incomplete.

So at the end of the day, I feel like I've done a lot, but closed no open issues. I go home and spend far too little time with my family. I fall into bed, to wake at 5:30 and start it all over again. And suddenly, it's Thursday again, and I still feel like I haven't done anything. My wheels have spun in the mud, and slung a lot of it around. I've dug a nice hole. But I haven't moved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home