Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy Birthday, my little girl

I guess it's time to give Miss Baby a new nom de blog. She's two years old today. Last night, we had a birthday gathering for her. Mr. Mac's law school friends with kids, his study partner and her husband, and loads of family. My cousin did a magic show, and we had food and cake. Miss Baby couldn't be settled down to sleep until after 9, she was just so wired! This morning, she took cake to her Baby School to share with her friends there.

Cute moment - When my cousin was doing his magic show, my niece M&M came into the living room. She grabbed some balloons from a table, and then took Miss Baby's hand, and says "COME ON! WETS GO PWAY!" And off they went - oblivious to the magic show. Miss M and her gaggle of girls thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing, as did many adults, so my cousin wasn't lacking for an audience! It was just really cute - we had our evening's entertainment going in the living room, while Miss Baby, M&M, and a few other toddlers wreaked havoc back in her bedroom with all the toys.

I made my homemade lasagna with garlic bread, fruit and a salad. My aunt made a lovely Strawberry Cake, in heart shape, and we stuck an Elmo candle on top. Of course, we had ice cream cups (YUM). With more Elmo was scattered about - the 15 month old who was there took an Elmo paper whistle thing (the ones that roll up and down), and proceeded to kiss Elmo and hold it for the rest of the night. He was in heaven!

--

It's difficult for me to grasp that she's been my life for two years now. It's not that it seems so short - in some ways it does - but it's the permanence and the timelessness nature of her here with me. I simply can't imagine or even remember life without her. Her baby days are now just a mere haze to me - I see glimpses every now and again. But now, she's full of herself and loving life so much. It's hard to believe that she was ever anything other than just who she is right now. I can't imagine her getting bigger, but I know she will. She just is my girl - my beautiful girl.

--

I guess she becomes Miss S. I can call her Little Miss S, in a Mini Dress, if I'm so inclined. Happy Birthday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz Miller said...

Happy Birthday Little Miss S!

5:07 PM, January 08, 2007  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Happy Birthday to Little Miss S!

(She'll always be your baby.)

8:59 PM, January 08, 2007  
Blogger KLee said...

Happy Birthday, Little Miss! (She shares a birthday with Elvis!) My very own daighter's birthday is tomorrow, so YAY! for the January babies!

I'm glad that she had a great birthday, but my advice to you is *don't blink*, because you'll turn around, and your baby will be turning eleven and growing boobs. (Now I bummed myself out!)

Happy Birthday, Little Miss Thang! And we wish you many, many more happy ones!

10:39 PM, January 08, 2007  
Blogger Courtney said...

Ah, take heart. I didn't grow boobs until I was 14. :)

Oh, and Happy Birthday, LMS!

11:18 PM, January 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home