Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Motivation

It's becoming increasingly hard for me to remain motivated about my current job. On the one hand, it's certainly helping pay the bills for the few more weeks that I'm here. On the other hand, however, it's really becoming apparent that my position is identified as one of those that is not going to be back-filled. The powers that be don't feel that what I'm doing justifies the cost of headcount.

And you know, that really makes me feel pretty worthless. I've done a good job here. I've created change that has led to greater efficiency. In general, the things I've done have been positive. I've done what I could with a position that has been, for lack of a nicer way to say it, beneath my background and training.

So now, I just don't feel like playing any more.

I'm moving on myself, and I shouldn't worry about these sorts of things. I know that they will certainly miss me when I'm gone. What will come to light are the number of things I've had to be doing to make up for other deficiencies.

At the end of the day, I'm hoping that I can find a job in Atlanta that will pay me well and keep me engaged. That's been my bigges problem with this place. I'll begin to care, to engage, and then the rug is pulled from under me. And I fall on my nose again.

Motivation is hard to get back once it's lost. Anyone have any thoughts on how to find it again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home