Thursday, February 23, 2006

Girls Weekend!

I leave today to go to Atlanta to spend the weekend with my mom and my sister. Tomorrow morning, I have an initial round of interviews with a company I'm hoping to work for. After that, the three of us pile into the Navigator Pimp Mobile and head out for Birmingham along with other mom/daughter groups from my hometown. We'll be attending a Beth Moore conference over in Birmingham, and I'm a tad nervous about that. She has good insights, but she's politically misguided (falling into the Dobson camp of Christians), so I hope it's more about Women and God and less about Loving Amurrka.

Anyway, after all this conferencing is over, we're supposed to head back to our home churches for Sunday services. However, my mom, sister and I have decided that we will, instead, head to our home malls for Saturday AND Sunday services. Lenox and Phipps are on the radar. As are the cute Buckhead shops with overpriced stuff for babygirls and such.

I can't live this lifestyle on a regular basis, but I certainly can indulge every so often. I hope that once I get moved there, we can really work on having this type of event (well, maybe more just hanging out being girls) more regularly.

This move is going to be so good for me - to get me back in with my family that I fled those many years ago. They've changed, as have I - I think we're meeting in the middle to a large extent. My mom has become so much less critical; I've become less sensitive; my sister has become so much less superficial; all three of us have become less judgmental. I think it's all good.

And oh - the girls - the little girls. They're being left behind this weekend, but I'm envisioning that this status won't be for long. Them will be two rotten little girlies, I tell ya. Rotten like all girls should be! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home