Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Poor Miss Baby

My poor Miss Baby is ill. Well, not really ill as she is just feeling pathetic. You must understand that Miss Baby is generally a VERY happy baby. She is always giggling and laughing. See, every baby has its own distinctive "noise" that it makes. Miss Baby has a belly laugh that is hers. It's awesome. She also does the rolling D's, which is very funny as well. You know -- d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d done very fast (like the "rr" in Spanish).
Back to the point. Miss Baby is now very unhappy. She cries a lot. She doesn't want to be put down. Even when she goes to sleep in my lap, she wakes when I stand up to put her down. And did I mention she cries (or more accurately, SCREAMS) a lot? This is very much unlike her. There are no happy laughs. No d-d-d-d-d-d-ing in general. Just outright angry crying.
And I know why. I can see them peeking through the last little bit of skin on her bottom gums. They're definitely there, and breaking through. Invest in Oragel, folks.
To top it off, we're suffering from the next cold in the series that began approximately three days after I stopped giving her the "home brew" (as a friend calls it). Daycare plus no breastmilk opened up a world of illnesses that she faces. She's been on Xopenex twice for wheezing, and I'm a little worried that she could have asthmatic tendencies. But, probably not according to the Drs.
Of course, those parents of you out there know that there's a selfish reason why I'm upset that Miss Baby is not feeling well. She isn't sleeping like her normal self. She had the gall to take a nap at daycare yesterday, but then she really didn't sleep last night. She went down at 7:30 (an hour early but after screaming for a solid hour and a half AND refusing all food and bottle), and woke up at 10 demanding (duh!) food and bottle. Then at 1:30 or so, wanting oragel and tylenol I guess. Then again at 5:30, but at least relatively happy and wanting to play. Me, I'm not so playful. I'm bloody exhausted, and I'm sad Miss Baby is ill, and I'm crabby as all getout.
Anyway, that's off my chest. I'm trying not to use this space as a venting corner, but it's certainly turning out that way, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home